A Qualifications Summary is your first and best chance to make a favorable impression on a hiring manager. It is a marketing tool that sells your unique skills to the targeted company.
To be effective, a Qualifications Summary must:
1. Provide a snapshot of you as the ideal candidate for the position.
2. Be concise and to the point, addressing what expertise you can bring to the job to benefit the prospective employer.
3. Address pertinent qualifications in the job posting.
4. List your most stellar and recent quantified accomplishment that pertains to your current job search.
5. Provide additional data that enhances your candidacy, including:
A. Linguistic capabilities in foreign languages
D. Willingness to travel or to relocate for the new position
6. State specific skills, such as computer proficiencies (if applicable)
7. List your past employers if they are well known, eg: Boeing, Wall Street Journal, Macy’s, AT&T, etc.
8. Work Permits or Green Card data for foreign nationals.